Sprout Digital (a division of the Columbian) is seeking a WordPress Developer, who will be responsible for website design and development as well as various SEO tasks. This position will work closely with the Sprout Digital team in developing new client websites, custom development/design on existing client websites, creating landing pages, optimizing Sprout Digital products, etc. This position will be asked to supply development/design estimates and timelines, and have the ability to meet given deadlines.
This position works in a fast-paced environment, is proficient in multi-tasking responsibilities and prioritizing. We are looking for someone who will be able to bring new ideas to the table and work toward optimizing current workflow and products.
Sprout Digital specializes in digital marketing services for small and medium-sized businesses in SW Washington, Portland, OR, and beyond.
Essential Job Functions
- Experienced in WordPress
- Strong Web and Graphic design skills (Ability to create mock-ups, Photoshop, Illustrator, logos, etc.)
- Linux Apache MySQL PHP ( LAMP )
- Ability to optimize responsive websites for correct rendering in mobile and tablet devices
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Update existing web pages to ensure accuracy and currency
- Basic SEO skills
- Google Ads experience
- Website setup and configuration via hosting accounts using FTP and MySQL database
- Migrate existing client websites to WordPress installations
- Blogging / Content Writing
- Social Media experience
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package, which includes 401(k) / profit sharing and 22 paid days off per year in a fun and challenging work environment. This is a full time 40 hour work week position. If you have the listed qualifications send us your resume and cover letter with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at www.columbian.com for a printable application and mail your completed application & consent to drug test to The Columbian PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA 98666-0180.
Employment subject to pre-employment drug screen.