The Columbian is seeking an experienced SEO (search engine optimization) Specialist to work directly with our advertising clients and our in-house digital services division, Sprout Digital. The SEO Specialist will be responsible for creating and maintaining SEO campaigns and reports for clients, as well as assisting in the development of new websites and implementing on-page and off-page SEO techniques for client websites. A qualified candidate will possess good communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage multiple client campaigns for local and regional businesses who expect an increase in organic search rankings and website conversions
- Develop SEO strategies for new and existing clients by analyzing website architecture, content, linking, and ranking signals
- Effectively communicate to Digital Project Leader how SEO strategies will influence client SERPs and produce desired website conversions
- Use keyword research and content silos to produce content development outlines for content developer and designer
- Collaborate daily with project leader and developer on website projects to carry out on-page SEO techniques and website page build-outs
- Implement technical SEO including: JSON-LD markup, optimize images, breadcrumbs, internal linking, 301 redirects strategies
- HTML, CSS, WordPress
- Knowledge and experience with SEO best practices
- Knowledge and experience with Google Analytics (certification preferred), Google Search Console, Google Tag Manger
- Ability to create and manage effective Google Ads campaigns
- Time management and ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to produce written documentation
- A/B Testing
- Experience using Photoshop to optimize images for the web
- Familiar with SEO by Yoast advanced features
- Experience with Social Media
- Server Management
- Ability to launch websites
- Web security best practices
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package, which includes 401(k) / profit sharing and vacation in a fun and challenging work environment. If you have the listed qualifications send us your resume and cover letter with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at www.columbian.com for a printable application and mail your completed application & consent to drug test to The Columbian PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA 98666-0180.
Employment subject to pre-employment drug screen.