The Columbian has two immediate openings for one full time day shift Insert Operator and one night shift Insert Operator in our Packaging Center.
ENJOY THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
* Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision & life insurance
* 22 paid days off annually
* Profit sharing & 401K plan
- Ability to frequently and effectively use hand tools to set-up and operate insert machines and associated equipment.
- A high level of mechanical and trouble-shooting skills are required to operate insert machines and make adjustments on the run as needed.
- Familiarity with computers to input, prepare and ensure accuracy of electronic downloads to inserter planning system and machine controls.
- Use forklift and pallet-jacks to deliver pallets of circulars to their proper position at insert machines, making sure there is no lag time in the availability of inserts needed by production workers. Previous lift truck operator experience a plus.
- Ability to perform maintenance on inserters and associated equipment.
- A proven record of dependability.
- Must have the ability to work under tight deadline pressures and have good work attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and relate well with people.
- Basic math skills and detail oriented.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be in good physical condition--able to lift 50 pounds routinely.
- Candidate will be trained as Insert Operator and must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.