The Columbian currently has a part-time position open for a person who is committed to providing exceptional customer service. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the newspaper from the plant to the carriers and retail locations in a reliable and timely manner. Duties include the accurate counting and loading bundles of newspapers onto trucks and delivering to drop locations. Work hours are approximately 24 hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday, 11:15 p.m. to finish.
The qualified candidate:
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Must be able to drive, stand, stoop, bend and deliver up to 600 bundles of newspapers, weighing up to 30 lbs. each.
- Must have superior ability to work well with others and as a team member.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Experience driving one ton and two ton step vans a plus.
We offer an excellent compensation package that includes full benefits after 90 days of employment, a great profit sharing/401(k) plan and 22 paid days off annually, and free parking.
If you have the qualifications listed and would like to be considered for this position, please complete an application and send to The Columbian, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA 98666-0180 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are located on our web page: www.columbian.com No telephone calls, please.
Employment subject to pre-employment drug screen.