We’ve got a part-time job with a $500 sign-on bonus after 90 days of satisfactory performance!
Are you looking for part-time work with benefits? Do you like the idea of not working in an office setting? Are you attending college during the day? Are you looking for early morning work so you can stay home during the day? Do you like to make a difference?
We may have an interesting opportunity for you!
The Columbian Circulation Department is seeking a responsible and independent person that is committed to providing excellent customer service to join us as a District Runner. This entry-level position is dedicated to servicing our readers by delivering newspapers on routes that are not currently assigned or contracted. Other duties include providing on-route orientation for independent contractors and assisting staff in satisfying readers each morning.
The successful candidate will possess:
- The ability to work in a team environment and enjoy customer service work
- The passion to make a difference each day while serving customers
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to work approximately 1:00AM – 6:00AM shift weekdays and up to 8:00AM on weekends, 6 days a week
- A valid drivers license and good driving record
- A reliable vehicle with liability insurance
- The ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- The ability to perform physical activities quickly for up to 4 hours, such as walking, running, climbing stairs, getting in and out of a vehicle and delivering newspapers to porches
- Basic mathematical skills
- Proven customer service and communication skills
If you have the qualifications listed and would like to join our team to serve customers, please complete an Employment Application Form, Supplemental Questionnaire and consent to drug test form, which are available at the front counter of The Columbian, 701 W 8th Street, Vancouver, WA or you can print the forms on the right and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply online. We offer $12 per hour with medical, dental, vision and sick benefits after 90 days of employment, as well as company-paid life and disability insurance and vacation accrual.
Employment subject to pre-employment drug screen.
No Phone Calls Please