Assistant District Manager
25 Hours a Week
$500 Bonus after 6 Months
Are you looking for part-time work with benefits? Do you like the idea of not working in an office setting? Are you attending college during the day? Are you looking for early morning work so you can stay home during the day? Do you like to make a difference?
We may have an interesting opportunity for you!
The Columbian Circulation Department is seeking a responsible and independent person that is committed to providing excellent customer service to join us as a District Runner. This entry-level position is dedicated to servicing our readers by delivering newspapers on routes that are not currently assigned or contracted. Other duties include providing on-route orientation for independent contractors and assisting staff in satisfying readers each morning.
The successful candidate will possess:
- The ability to work in a team environment and enjoy customer service work
- The passion to make a difference each day while serving customers
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to work approximately 1:00AM – 6:00AM shift weekdays and up to 8:00AM on weekends, 6 days a week
- A valid drivers license and good driving record
- A reliable vehicle with liability insurance
- The ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- The ability to perform physical activities quickly for up to 4 hours, such as walking, running, climbing stairs, getting in and out of a vehicle and delivering newspapers to porches
- Basic mathematical skills
- Proven customer service and communication skills
Pre-employment drug screening